Mergers, Acquisitions and Disposals
As your company grows or its circumstances change, opportunities may be presented in the form of mergers, acquisitions and/or disposals.
Structure and tax considerations in the form of capital gains tax, stamp duty, inheritance tax and income tax will be key to consider. This will need structuring efficiently from the start.
Company valuation and transaction due diligence are key factors, as well as ensuring that you have all of the financial and business support that you will need.
The buying and selling of businesses can be a complicated process. Professional support and advice is essential to the completion of a successful merger, acquisition or disposal.
Timely, straightforward and ostensible solutions to any difficulties or obstacles that you incur during any acquisition/disposal/merger are key during the process.
We can assist with the following:
- Appraisals and valuations
- Advice on accounting and taxation implications
- Cashflow and P/L forecasting, analyzing any cost opportunities
- Representation during negotiations
- Liaising with regulatory authorities
- Strategic advice and planning for business restructuring
Our services would:
- Provide advice to ensure structure is right from the start
- Consider the tax implications, both now and in the future
- Consider any cost opportunities that exist if purchasing a similar business in terms of overheads
- Consider the value of what will be gained/lost during the acquisition/disposal
- Identify the time factor of the individual buying/selling the business
- Consider the tax reliefs available upon disposal, and if likely to be in the future plan to ensure you qualify for key CGT reliefs such as entrepreneurs relief, rollover relief and gift relief